as you read in a previous post
It was October 5th of last year, when I started a quilt called “And So It Crows” by Karen Walker. As it happened, I bit off more than I could chew, as they say. I got the first row of flowers done and then worked on the center crows and nothing, and I do mean NOTHING was matching up.
So I plunked the rest of what I had redone onto the board and left it there. For a very long time. You see, the process of working on this was so frustrating to me that I just had to set it aside till I could work on it with confidence.
Between then and now I worked on many smaller projects involving points that aren’t to be lost in the seams involving hundreds of one inch blocks. and then all of a sudden I felt ready to tackle the crows once more. Points you may ask? See all those flower petals, beaks, wing and tail feathers below.
And now I am here
There are only 164, 2.5 inch squares to be made and sewn together for the border. Much easier than the 1 inch half square triangles and squares for all the birds and flowers… so…
Coming right up!
For those who are counting the one inch blocks, there are: 160 for flowers plus 102 for birds which equals 262 one inch blocks. That’s a’lotta little blocks
AND, for those eagle-eyed people who always see the mistakes, there are two, one was replicated tidily throughout the piece, and I will leave it. And one is going to drive me round the bend and I don’t think I can finish without fixing it. I didn’t even notice it til I put it up here in this post.